Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Design Thinking : ECOMP 6106 Intro

Hello All!

       I am celebrating a snow day today, so I have had ample time to drink 2 cups of coffee AND explore items for our class in a relatively relaxed manner! I am a middle school Art teacher in Southwestern rural Maine, teaching grades 4 to 8.
Out my side window!

      Last year I had the opportunity to spend a year outside of the classroom working with teachers in the state who were pursuing National Board certification.  It was JUST the motivation I needed.  I learned that my place is in the classroom, and the energy and innovation I used to motivate adult learners is best suited for the pre-teen student.

     A couple of years ago I had stumbled upon the opportunity to take a free class in Design Thinking.  I had started the first week and then life interrupted and I was unable to finish.  I am delighted that this class is focused on it,  as Design Thinking practice aligns perfectly with Teaching for Artistic Behavior (TAB) a choice based approach I am inserting into my curriculum at school.

Wish it was warm.....
     I have spent the last few years pursuing Board certification and my Masters (this is my second to last class!) I am eagerly anticipating this summer when there will be no more classes and plenty of time to pursue my own artistic endeavors.  I am looking to continue my and my husbands new found love -kayaking- and spending quality time with my grandchildren.  I am selfishly adding a photo of my newest favorite person who turned 1 yesterday, because, well, I love a goofy baby smile to start the day.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Danette. Teaching for Artistic Behavior (TAB) sounds interesting! What a cool idea. Looking forward to learning with you in this course. I'm jealous you had a snow day! :) We don't have those anymore--our district is piloting eLearning days this year where we will teach from home if there is a snow day! Haven't had one yet, but could at any time.

    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete